There are Volunteer Centres operating in all 11 Hampshire districts. Each year, the Volunteer Centres find placements for 1000s of volunteers. The Volunteer Centres support voluntary and community sector organisations in the following ways:
- Advertising volunteering opportunities to potential volunteers.
- Helping organisations to develop the information about their volunteer roles.
- Providing guidance to organisations about good practice in volunteer recruitment, induction and management.
- Matching volunteers who want to volunteer with suitable volunteering opportunities. This is also known as "volunteer brokerage".
This is a free service to voluntary and community organisations.
What we will need from your organisation is:
- A description of the volunteering role including details about when, how often, and where the volunteering role will take place.
- Full contact information for your organisation, including details about who will be supervising the volunteers.
- A signed agreement with the Volunteer Centre that your organisation is committed to good practice in the management of volunteers.
- A commitment from your organisation that you will respond to all volunteers who have enquired about a volunteering opportunity.
- Finally, and very importantly, to provide feedback to the Volunteer Centres about any volunteers they have signposted to you! This assists the Volunteer Centres with keeping accurate records for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
Direct promotion of volunteering opportunities via the Do-it web-site
Volunteer Centres have for many years used the Do-it web-site to promote volunteering opportunities. In 2014, the site was taken over by a new charitable company. It is now possible for voluntary and community organisations to "self-serve" ie to register directly with the web-site and manage their own volunteering opportunities and enquiries from interested volunteers. See Do-it for more information or contact your local Volunteer Centre.