The main services that Hampshire CVS's provide to voluntary and community organisations are:
All Hampshire CVSs provide community development support to voluntary and community sector, with the objective of sustaining or improving their capacity to run their organisations and deliver services or activities.
CVS community development workers can provide one-to-one support and guidance on the following topics:
- Starting up a new community group or charity
- Good practice guidance
- Developing a governing document (e.g. constitution)
- Reporting to regulatory bodies such as the Charity Commission or Companies House
- Business planning
- Financial management
- Employment, Health and Safety, Insurance
- Policies and Procedures
- Monitoring and Evaluation
- Funding advice including identifying funding sources
- Fundraising bid-writing
- Sustainable funding strategies
- Development of new projects or activities
- Signposting to professional advice (e.g. solicitors with charity law specialists) where appropriate
If you would like to do more research for yourself before contacting a CVS, please check out our Useful Links which contain Hampshire CVS briefings/factsheets as well as links to external sites.
Some of the current training courses/workshops aimed at the voluntary and community sector are listed on our Training & Events page. If you would like to access training on a particular topic, why not contact your local CVS to see if they can either locate another training provider or offer to bring a trainer in to deliver the course you need.
Some of the training topics on offer are:
- Fundraising skills
- First Aid
- Food Hygiene
- MiDAS (Minibus Driver Awareness)
- Volunteer Management
- Charity Law
- Health and Safety
- Committee Skills
- Trustees: Roles and Responsibilities
- Financial Management
Most courses are a half-day or whole day and there is usually a charge to attend, and Hampshire CVSs try wherever possible to keep training fees at reasonable rate.
Hampshire CVSs represent the voluntary and community sector at a wide range or district/borough and county-level meetings, such as
- Local Children's Partnerships
- Health and Wellbeing Partnerships
- Clinical Commissioning Group strategy/policy groups
- Hampshire Voluntary Sector Consortium
- Strategic meetings organised convened by Hampshire County Council
Where possible, the Hampshire CVS Network will consult with local voluntary and community organisations to ensure that they are informed about the views of their sector they represent. CVSs may also invite someone from your organisation to be involved in these meetings if this is more useful.
Many CVSs also organise local forum meetings to enable the voluntary and community sector to share their views and work in partnership. Please refer to the individual CVS pages for more details.
Click here for more details on the role of Hampshire Volunteer Centres in supporting voluntary and community organisations to find new volunteers.