The Hampshire CVS Network offers a range of support to voluntary, community and social enterprise organisations operating in the county of Hampshire. This website provides more information about who we are and the types of support we offer.
Wherever you are in the county, there is a Council for Voluntary Service (CVS) who is able to offer your group or organisation support. Action Hampshire (the Hampshire-wide CVS) provides specific support as well as being a key source of information on national and local policy issues that might affect the local voluntary and community sector. We are all membership organisations and membership is open to the voluntary, community and social enterprise sector.
At the district level we all offer a core range or services:
- One-to-one information, guidance and support from our community development workers on all aspects of running a voluntary and community organisation. From help with your governance or policies to business planning and grant funding searches. We have even helped to turn around groups at risk of closure.
- Training that is specific to the needs of the voluntary and community sector.
- Information that is current and relevant to your organisation through various media.
- Networking and promotional opportunities.
- Volunteer Centres who can help you recruit new volunteers for your organisation.
Action Hampshire also offers:
- Community Buildings Advice Service.
- Advice on setting up as a social enterprise and the Hampshire School for Social Entrepreneurs.
For full details about the core and additional support available go to individual CVS information pages.
For similar voluntary and community sector support in Southampton, Portsmouth or the Isle of Wight, please follow these links: